diversity...

Belfast has become an increasingly diverse city with a mixture of race, ethnicity and religion. My initial thoughts on this were different hand prints, all different colours to represent the different races within Belfast. Then I had the idea of using different coloured footprints which would represent the different racial groups which walk through, in and around Belfast on a daily, monthly and annual basis.

Here are the different footprints, all in different colours. I have used an outline, to represent the idea that you can see people from the outside but you do not know them on the inside. Therefore they are just a colour, race, religion to the passer by, and nothing else. The outlines, all overlapped also gives a busy and chaotic sense.


This is another of my footprints ideas. This time I have used block colours instead of outline. I like both of these ideas and I am keen to develop and enter one of them for the competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment